The Future CMO: How Marketing works in the age of digitalization
The digital transformation is causing many CMOs to radically rethink their daily routines. "The Future CMO Report" provides exciting insights into what marketing and the CMO of the future will have to achieve.
What’s the next big thing in marketing? This question cannot be easily answered using one of the currently circulating buzzwords. Brands must dare to look at the big picture, evaluate the many benefits of digitalization and understand marketing technologies. Today’s Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) must be able to juggle various activities, while striking a balance between efficiency-enhancing technology, customer orientation and human creativity. Marketing 4.0 thus becomes a cross-departmental process that needs to be constantly adapted and improved. Consequently, knowledge management for marketing specialists is becoming increasingly complex and multi-layered.
Qualified answers in times of change
The Future CMO Report 2019 provides valuable information on the future development of marketing and raises relevant questions that marketing specialists in today’s networked world have to ask themselves. Today’s Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) has to manage the balancing act between efficiency-enhancing technology and customer orientation, between human creativity and the power of data: The report includes high-quality articles and analyses that provide your organization with new approaches and marketing impetus. It was published as a special supplement to the Times and Sunday Times on the occasion of Cannes Lions. In the next few days, we will be publishing excerpts in our DMEXCO Stories.
- The report’s topics include:
- What role do emotions play today despite data-centricity and co.
- How do you position your brand when purpose-driven marketing is no longer a unique selling point?
- Practical tips that increase brand transparency
- What role brandless brands will play in the future
- Why you should focus on interactivity in content marketing
- What it means to build a corporate culture that is obsessed with its customers
- Why CMOs in particular should take their position as thought leaders
- How CMOs and CIOs can and should cooperate
- How important timing is in terms of brand relevance
- In which direction the marketing funnel should be rethought – especially in B2B marketing
Read today how the future of CMOs could look like!