Guide to Recruiting 4.0: Getting the most out of digital recruiting
The coronavirus crisis has dramatically increased the need for digital processes, including in recruiting. Recruiters need new online strategies if they want to be successful. Our guide explains what digital recruiting involves.
What is digital recruiting?
The prevailing shortage of skilled professionals has boosted recruitment to the top of the priority list. Many qualified staff have a clear vision of where they want to work and what working conditions they expect. At the same time, companies repeatedly need to fill their vacancies quickly, so the recruitment process has to be fast and efficient. The coronavirus crisis and the shift to working from home meant that many recruiters were facing significant challenges, and had to optimize their existing strategies and get to grips with digital recruiting.
Digital recruiting is a catchall term for all measures that:
- relate to finding and recruiting staff,
- use digital channels and tools for this purpose, and
- take a modern approach to addressing potential candidates.
If companies want to have a chance of succeeding in a “war of talents”, they need to recognize the advantages of digital recruiting and use the appropriate tools and channels to put it into practice.
Our free guide explains which platforms and tools you need to consider when creating your digital recruiting strategy.
Digital recruiting offers a broad range of opportunities, from posting job ads on social channels and online application processes to the use of an applicant management system and virtual onboarding.
Advantages of a comprehensive digital recruitment strategy
There are many reasons to recruit digitally, and not just during a lockdown. Let’s examine a few of them:
- New technologies mean that HR departments can make recruiting faster, more efficient, and more transparent. Implementing the appropriate software can take care of time-consuming admin tasks, confirmation emails, appointment reminders, and manual data management.
- Job ads that are posted to digital platforms can be accessed for significantly longer than offline ads. If information has to be amended or added at short notice, job vacancies can be updated in no time.
- Many job boards and business networks offer filters so that job ads are only displayed to the desired target group.
- If applicants submit their details via an online form, the information is stored digitally. Using the appropriate digital solution means that it can be used throughout the recruitment process until the relevant employee is hired, preventing errors that could occur during manual data entry.
- A comprehensive applicant management system ensures insight into all the applications already received. All the important details are saved in the same format, making it easier to directly compare potential candidates.
To succeed, digital recruiting requires being responsive to ongoing developments
Before companies start to optimize their digital recruitment processes, they should take the time to familiarize themselves with the essentials about the current job market. Right now, it is a market for applicants, not for employers. The wide choice of vacant positions means that applicants in certain industries can pick their preferred employer from a multitude of attractive options.
Recruiters need to be prepared for a proactive search for candidates; in other words, they need to target them, woo them, and win them over.
There are also qualified employees who currently have a job, but are still generally open to moving to a different employer. If HR managers come across promising skilled professionals on business platforms, they should actively approach them. It’s also important not to neglect digital communication during the application process: make sure that you are easy to contact, answer any questions quickly, and use straightforward application tools.
Find qualified applicants with your guide to digital recruiting
Our guide to digital recruiting contains comprehensive tips on how to develop a successful digital recruiting strategy for your company. It also provides a list of smart tools as well as information on the job boards and business networks that really deliver results.